Updating your own CV is a hassle at the best of times, but the problem gets a whole lot worse when you have to pull together multiple CVs for a tender submission.
All too often, they’re out of date, don’t contain relevant information or just aren’t up to the job.
So what should you do?
- Prioritise – CVs are a vital part of the bid process; they can be the difference between win or lose.
- Assign responsibility – appoint a CV Champion so that everything is updated regularly, not just in a rush when you’re chasing a bid.
- Plan ahead – get each team member to draw up a comprehensive Library CV to go on file. Use a CV template to make it easy for them.
- Sharpen the content – ensure all CVs contain strong and persuasive information: not just a person’s roles, but how they add value.
- Focus on specifics – edit CVs for each tender submission so that all relevant expertise and experience is up-front and central.
- Adapt if necessary – if your team is missing a specific role (e.g. Account Manager) then adapt the CV of your ‘closest fit’ (e.g. Sales Manager).
- Align with the bid – ensure your CVs meet all key tender/project requirements. Prove you’re providing the right people for the job!
How Rothera Group can help
We know the value of CVs for tender submissions and can help you get ahead in this part of the tender process.
As part of our training, we’ll talk about what makes a winning CV. We’ll work with your team to develop a CV template and process that will help you win bids.
With our help, your CVs will become a key tender resource, not just an annoying afterthought.
Find out more
Read more about our training courses at https://www.rotheragroup.com/our-services/
Get in touch