This full day course covers all aspects of business writing. It is invaluable for people who want to produce better structured, more concise documents.
You will learn how to plan your writing so the structure and content suit are developed to suit the recipient. The course will provide you with easy-to-remember techniques to ensure that your writing is effective, concise and well presented. You will receive checklists to help you implement the good practice which has been demonstrated.
This course will cover;
- Golden Rules for Writing
- Objective Setting and Pre-Writing Planning
- Thinking strategically about the purpose of the document
- Considering the reader, the purpose and the desired outcome from the document
- Document Structure
- Outline planning
- Polishing the document
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Content writing
- Writing clearly and concisely
- Grammar, punctuation and the correct use of English
- Writing persuasively
- Diagrams, graphics and tables
Participants will have the opportunity to work on practical examples and discuss their own experiences.
This course will be delivered by Anne Farr of Rothera Group, a West Lothian based company which delivers training to companies around the world. Anne originally qualified as an engineer so her training style is practical, engaging and is focused on tangible results.
For further details and to make a booking please visit the Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce site